semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts
Carnation Breakfast Essentials Original Rich Milk Chocolate Nutritional Drink Mix
mini marshmallows, plus extra for serving
milk of skim milk or milk of choice
- In a bowl fit over a double boiler on medium heat, add 8 ounces (2/3) of the chocolate chips. Stir regularly until melted. Remove the bowl from the double boiler, and add the reserved 4 ounces (1/3) of chocolate chips in 2 batches, stirring until melted after each addition.
- Drop 1 TBSP of the melted chocolate into each well of 2 (6-count, 2-inch wide) half sphere silicone mold trays. Use a brush to spread the chocolate up the sides of the molds to the edge. Set aside until the chocolate is hardened, 5-15 minutes. Brush the wells with more melted chocolate to achieve a thick, even coating. Set aside until completely hardened, about 30 minutes.
- Place 1 TBSP Carnation Breakfast Essentials® drink mix and 1 TBSP mini marshmallows into each of half of the wells (6).
- Gently release the remaining 6 unfilled chocolate shells from their molds. Use a brush or a small piping bag to coat their edges with melted chocolate. Top each filled shell with a coated, unfilled shell to form a sphere. Let sit at room temperature to harden and set, at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, heat 1 cup milk for each hot chocolate bomb gently on the stovetop or in the microwave for about 2 minutes until very hot. Place the hot chocolate bomb in a heat proof mug, and pour the hot milk on top. Stir and top with additional marshmallows, as desired.