Chocolate Protein Waffle Recipe created by Maria Provenzano of Hallmark’s Home & Family Show
Maria Provenzano is a lover of all things crafty and she’s passionate about cooking and feeding those around her. The cookbook author (Everyday Celebrations From Scratch) and DIY expert (GAC, Hallmark’s Home & Family Show) created a special Chocolate Protein Waffles recipe made with Carnation Breakfast Essentials®.
cups, whole wheat flour
tablespoon coconut sugar; optional (any sugar can be used as a replacement)
teaspoons baking powder
cups Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Original Nutritional Drink
egg, room temperature
teaspoons vanilla extract
tablespoons melted butter; cooled
- Heat up the waffle maker.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl
- Slowly whisk in the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Drink, egg, and vanilla
- Whisk in the butter.
- If the mixture is too thick you can add more milk, but this mixture is on the thicker side.
- Butter or oil the heated waffle maker.
- Pour batter into the waffle maker; the amount will vary in size depending on the size of the waffle maker.
- Cook till golden brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit, real maple syrup, and butter
Meet Maria Provenzano of Hallmark’s Home & Family Show!
My creativity was sparked at a young age by the most imaginative, organized, detail-oriented person I know…my mom. I grew up a “maker” creating EVERYTHING from scratch. My hope is to inspire others to be hands-on in your life and that’s what From Scratch is about…helping you be present in the everyday moments and giving you the inspiration and tools to create something that is unique to you. When I’m not crafting, you can find me in Los Angeles with my husband and two beautiful (and crazy) boys, with my gal pals, doing yoga or drinking coffee. Fair warning — 99.9% of the time I am covered in flour, paint, or glitter! Follow along this incredibly fun journey as we create something wonderful together.